Carry On Jatta 2 created history by recording the highest opening day ever for the Punjabi film industry. The film was a sequel to the blockbuster film Carry On Jatta which released back in 2012 and has become a cult film with the audiences. COJ 2 had the advantage of the brand value, same cast with a few new added members to bolster the cast and extensive promotions. All this resulted in Carry On Jatta 2 opening to Insane numbers which were never heard of until today morning in the History of Punjabi Cinema ever.
The film is the first film in the history of Punjabi Cinema to cross the Rs. 3.5 crore GROSS mark All India. The numbers have given a big boost in the post GST era as the new tax system had hit box office numbers of Punjabi Films as the state of Punjab was earlier free from the burden of Entertainment Tax and Punjabi films enjoyed the privilege of being tax free in the state of Punjab.
However, coming back to Carry On Jatta 2, the film collected Rs. 3.60 Crores (Gross) All India which is by far the highest collection and is far better than most of the Hindi films which were released on double the screens and shows and enjoyed a county-wide release.
Another interesting fact worth noticing is that the Top 3 out of 4 Openings are all produced and distributed by White Hill Studios and the 4th on the Top 10 Chart, Manje Bistre was also a White Hill Studios Release Worldwide.
Below are the Top 11 Highest Gross Opening Days of East Punjab region:
(Please Note – We did not have All India Figures of the Other films that is why we have included only the collections from East Punjab region and 8 of the other 10 films released in the pre GST era, thus we have compared the Gross collections of Carry On Jatta 2 with this film.)
- Carry On Jatta 2 Rs. 3.05 Crores (June 1, 2018)
- Sardaarji 2 Rs. 2.05 Crores (June 24, 2016)
- Sardaar Ji Rs. 2.02 Crores (June 26, 2015)
- Manje Bistre Rs. 2.00 Crores (April 14, 2017)
- Ambarsariya Rs. 1.60 Crores (March 25, 2016)
- Super Singh Rs. 1.32 Crores (June 16, 2017)
- Bambukat Rs. 1.36 Crores (July 29, 2016)
- Vekh Baraatan Challiyan Rs. 1.27 Crores (July 28, 2017)
- Jatt & Juliet 2 Rs. 1.26 Crores (June 28, 2013)
- Rupinder Gandhi 2: The Robinhood Rs. 1.19 Crores (September 9, 2017)
- Lahoriye Rs. 1.15 Crores (May 12, 2017)