Channa Mereya, the new film starring Ninja, Payal Rajput, Amrit Maan & Yograj Singh released in Cinemas yesterday and the film has opened to an unprecedented response from the audiences. The film collected Rs. 3.32 Crores in East Punjab region in 3 Days which places the film in Top 10 Opening Weekends in the history of East Punjab region.
We spoke to Param Oberoi, the CEO of White Hill Studios on Saturday and this is what he had to say, “We are delightful that the audience has liked the film and we are thankful to them for supporting fresh and different kind of cinema. We have delivered in the past and we promise to keep giving our best to Punjabi Cinema”.
This is the 4th biggest Opening of the year with Manje Bistre, Lahoriye & Super Singh making the Top 3 and Rabb Da Radio sitting at No. 5 and the 10th Best Opening Weekend of all time. The Top 3 Openings this year featured established stars in lead roles weather male or female, however Channa Mereya introduced 3 news actors in lead roles and even then managed to enter the Top 10 List of all time is an commendable feat to achieve in itself.
Listed below are the Top 10 Opening Weekend Collections of all time from East Punjab region:
- Sardaarji 2 Rs. 6.53 Crores (June 24, 2016)
- Sardaar Ji Rs. 6.46 Crores (June 26, 2015)
- Manje Bistre Rs. 6.02 Crores (April 14, 2017)
- Ambarsariya Rs. 4.56 Crores (March 25, 2016)
- Bambukat Rs. 4.67 Crores (July 29, 2016)
- Super Singh Rs. 4.22 Crores (June 16, 2017)
- Lahoriye Rs. 4.21 Crores (May 12, 2017)
- Jatt & Juliet 2 Rs. 3.82 Crores (June 28, 2013)
- Angrej Rs. 3.68 Crores (July 31, 2015)
- Channa Mereya Rs. 3.32 Crores (July 14, 2017)