Channa Mereya, the new film starring Ninja, Payal Rajput, Amrit Maan & Yograj Singh released in Cinemas yesterday and the film has opened to an unprecedented response from the audiences. The film collected Rs. 1.05 Crores in East Punjab region on Day 1 which places the film in Top 10 Opening Days in the history of East Punjab region.
Also what is worth noting is that none of the other 9 films in Top 10 had debutantes in the lead role. They were all established stars by the time their films released so this makes Channa Mereya the highest opening film starring rank new comers.
Param Oberoi of White Hill Studios spoke to Punjabi Mania on this historic occasion and said, “We are delightful that the audience has liked the film and we are thankful to them for supporting fresh and different kind of cinema. We have delivered in the past and we promise to keep giving our best to Punjabi Cinema”.
Ninja and Amrit Maan are established singers and have a fan base but so did many other singer turned actors but they failed to convert their fans into the audiences and this again proves that audience responds to the right kind of content and Channa Mereya is that right kind of content which has found a connect with the audience.
Below are the Top 10 Highest Opening Days of East Punjab region:
- Sardaarji 2 Rs. 2.05 Crores (June 24, 2016)
- Sardaar Ji Rs. 2.02 Crores (June 26, 2015)
- Manje Bistre Rs. 2.00 Crores (April 14, 2017)
- Ambarsariya Rs. 1.60 Crores (March 25, 2016)
- Super Singh Rs. 1.32 Crores (June 16, 2017)
- Bambukat Rs. 1.36 Crores (July 29, 2016)
- Jatt & Juliet 2 Rs. 1.26 Crores (June 28, 2013)
- Lahoriye Rs. 1.15 Crores (May 12, 2017)
- Angrej Rs. 1.06 Crores (July 31, 2015)
- Channa Mereya Rs. 1.05 Crores (July 14, 2017)