It was anticipated that Mandeep Benipal‘s ‘Dakuaan Da Munda’ would open to a prolific response at the box-office but it has crossed all the expectations, becoming an outright money-spinner. The first day collection of the movie has put it into the elite list of Top Five Highest Opening Days in the East Punjab region.
In the East Punjab region, Dakuaan Da Munda became successful in earning INR 1.62 crores on its first day, i.e., yesterday. The feat has put the movie at No. 5 in the all-time list. The movie has beaten big-shot movies such as Mandeep Kumar’s ‘Ambarsariya’, Anurag Singh’s ‘Super Singh’ and Pankaj Batra’s ‘Bambukat’.
The biggest development in this story is the fact that Dakuaan Da Munda is the first film without a singer-turned-actor to enter into the list of Top 10 Highest Opening Days in the East Punjab region. The movie has put down the myth of a Punjabi film requiring a singer-turned-actor in the lead role to be successful at the box-office. It has become a testament to the fact that even content-oriented movies can turn out to be commercial blockbusters.
No movie achieves this amount of success on the basis of one individual. For a movie to do this well, a solid team-effort is a must. Having said that, it would be naive to think that Dev Kharoud hasn’t played a substantial effort in this team. Eventually, it is his fan-following which has rushed to the cinema halls on Day 1 itself. Dakuaan Da Munda has become Kharoud’s highest opening on the first day in East Punjab region.
His previous best was Avtar Singh’s ‘Rupinder Gandhi 2: The Robinhood’ (also produced by Dreamreality Movies), which had accumulated INR 1.19 crore on its first day. With Dakuaan Da Munda entering into the fray, the former has dropped down to the 11th spot.
Below are the Top 11 Highest Gross Opening Days of East Punjab region:
- Carry On Jatta 2 – INR 2.55 Crores (June 1, 2018)
- Sardaarji 2 – INR 2.05 Crores (June 24, 2016)
- Sardaar Ji – INR 2.02 Crores (June 26, 2015)
- Manje Bistre – INR 2.00 Crores (April 14, 2017)
- Dakuaan Da Munda – INR 1.62 Crores (August 10, 2018)
- Ambarsariya – INR 1.60 Crores (March 25, 2016)
- Super Singh – INR 1.32 Crores (June 16, 2017)
- Bambukat – INR 1.36 Crores (July 29, 2016)
- Vekh Baraatan Challiyan – INR 1.27 Crores (July 28, 2017)
- Jatt & Juliet 2 – INR 1.26 Crores (June 28, 2013)
- Rupinder Gandhi 2: The Robinhood – INR 1.19 Crores (September 9, 2017)