Gippy Grewal has come off age in Manje Bistre. The film has been a true resurgence for the superstar as far as box office numbers are concerned. Manje Bistre has had a huge weekend as it grossed over Rs. 6 crores in East Punjab thereby making it the third highest opening weekend ever for a Punjabi film in East Punjab behind the two Sardaarji films. It is only the third film to go over Rs. 5 crores for the first weekend. Many Punjabi films fail to cross this magical number of Rs. 5 crores during their lifetime.
Manje Bistre collected Rs 2,11,00,000 in East Punjab on Day 3 (Sunday) taking it’s total in the region to a staggering Rs. 6,02,00,000 (Fri: Rs. 2 cr + Sat: Rs. 1.9 cr + Sun: 2.11 cr). The film has added another Rs. 1 Crore from Rest of India taking it’s All India 3-day Total to Rs. 7,02,00,000.
Listed below are the Top 10 Opening Weekend Collections of all time from East Punjab region:
- Sardaarji 2 Rs. 6.53 Crores (June 24, 2016)
- Sardaar Ji Rs. 6.46 Crores (June 26, 2015)
- Manje Bistre Rs. 6.02 Crores (April 14, 2017)
- Ambarsariya Rs. 4.56 Crores (March 25, 2016)
- Bambukat Rs. 4.67 Crores (July 29, 2016)
- Jatt & Juliet 2 Rs. 3.82 Crores (June 28, 2013)
- Angrej Rs. 3.68 Crores (July 31, 2015)
- Nikka Zaildar Rs. 3.23 Crores (September 30, 2016)
- Punjab 1984 Rs. 3.21 Crores (June 27, 2014)
- Disco Singh Rs. 3.12 Crores (April 11, 2014)
Manje Bistre will surpass the previous super hits of Gippy Grewal like Singh v/s Kaur, Lucky Di Unlucky Story, Best Of Luck by the end of Week 1 and may even challenge his biggest hit till date, Carry On Jatta which collected a staggering Rs. 16 Crores.
The film has been released worldwide by White Hill Production. We spoke to Param Oberoi, the CEO of White Hill Studios on Saturday when the film breached the All Time Highest Day 1 barrier, he had the following to say, “Firstly we would like to congratulate Gippy Grewal and the entire team of Humble Motion Pictures for having made a lovely film for the audiences. Secondly, the whole team of White Hill has put a lot of hard work and effort in making this record possible. Without their hard work, it would not have been possible.”