Vekh Baraatan Challiyan, the film starring Binnu Dhillon, Ranjit Bawa, Kavita Kaushik is really outperforming everyone’s expectations as the the film has crossed the Rs. 4.50 crore mark across India at the weekend. The film does not have major star presence in the lead, but Binnu Dhillon has a following of his own and the comedy is being lapped up by audiences in Punjab. The film has been creating buzz ever since the trailer released online.
The Punjabi industry has seen some good to decent runners with Rabb Da Radio, Manje Bistre, Lahoriye, Saab Bahadar, Channa Mereya and Super Singh but this one is the first one which many have the word of mouth to really sustain and will sustain over the next 2-3 weeks as Bollywood unveils its Independence Day tentpoles in the form of Jab Harry Met Sejal & Toilet – Ek Prem Katha.
The Saturday and Sunday business of the film is a strong sign as Punjabi films that open well tend not to show this sort of growth but VBC is a rare case. Listed below are the Top 10 Opening Weekend Collections of all time from East Punjab region:
- Sardaarji 2 Rs. 6.53 Crores (June 24, 2016)
- Sardaar Ji Rs. 6.46 Crores (June 26, 2015)
- Manje Bistre Rs. 6.02 Crores (April 14, 2017)
- Ambarsariya Rs. 4.56 Crores (March 25, 2016)
- Bambukat Rs. 4.67 Crores (July 29, 2016)
- Super Singh Rs. 4.22 Crores (June 16, 2017)
- Lahoriye Rs. 4.21 Crores (May 12, 2017)
- Vekh Baraatan Challiyan Rs. 4.17 Crores (July 28, 2017)
- Jatt & Juliet 2 Rs. 3.82 Crores (June 28, 2013)
- Angrej Rs. 3.68 Crores (July 31, 2015)